Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's a.....

BOY!!
(In case you missed all the many forms of social media that Jonathan and I spread it across yesterday.)

I was in absolute shock. I absolutely KNEW he was a girl because this pregnancy has felt exactly the same as the last pregnancy. I even asked the ultrasound tech if she was sure because I was sure it was a girl. She checked again and replied with a resounding YES, IT'S A BOY!

We are so excited! It will mean a complete shift in our house from all things pink, girly, ruffles and bows to all things "little man", superheros, and trucks.  I held a few of Adalyn's bins of clothes out of storage because I knew we'd need them soon, but I guess we won't need them this soon! Thankfully we found out the sex at 16 weeks which means that we will be able to load up on all things boy at the consignment sales that start next weekend and go through the month of March at different churches and clubhouses.  Thinking about dressing him in little plaid shirts, argyle sweaters and polos to match his daddy makes me so excited!

We have started talking about names. It was so hard to name Adalyn that I figured naming a boy would be WAY easier, but I'm not sure if that will be the case. Maybe we just need a few more days to decide. I'd love to be able to call him by name soon!

I've also been looking at different online stores and pinterest to get an idea for bedding and nursery decorations. Again, I'm not a fan of theme nurseries so I keep leaning toward bedding with geometric designs (stripes, chevron, madras) in colors I like. I know it will all come together and I've only been looking for one day, but so far I haven't had too much luck finding anything at the "big box" stores. And goodness knows I'm not going to be making it myself. I don't have time for such things!

We are planning on putting baby boy in our guest room (we only have 3 bedrooms) and moving our guest bedroom to our basement.  Ok, that's not quite as bad as it sounds. It's not like our parents will be staying in a nasty dungeon of a basement when they come to visit. Our basement is finished (in the sense that it has carpet and walls - not in the sense that it is painted nicely or decorated) with a bathroom. The basement also has a separate room from the TV room, that up until now we has been used as a sewing room/office. But if you read my earlier comment about sewing, it is obviously not getting much action in that sense and we barely use the desk in the room because we'd rather use our laptop upstairs. So we've decided to get rid of the desk/bookshelf and move our guest room furniture in and somehow work my sewing table into the flow of the room. It's a good sized room (and even has a very small closet) but thinking about making all of that tie together and look nice stresses me out!  So, we have got our hands full just to clear a room to begin a nursery for baby boy! I know it will get done, but there is just a lot of extra junk that has made it's way to that room in the basement and it will be HOURS of time to sift through (toss) and organize things.

So that is where we are right now!  I thought I'd attach a few ultrasound pictures. They aren't too clear, but the tech said it's hard to get good pictures when they are still this small. We go back in 4 weeks for our big 20 week ultrasound and hopefully then he will cooperate and give us a good profile picture! (Yesterday he was facing my back so we could only get the back of his head and spine. At one point we got a picture of his face but never a good profile of his little body.)









5 comments:

Aishlea said...

Ahh how exciting!! Congrats!! You will love being a mommy to a little boy too!! If you name him Cohen, I have some stuff I can send you! haha!! :)

Crystal said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do with the nursery! I know it will be so cute!

Janine said...

Whoo hoo! I am a fan of boys, obviously! Hahaha...but it is all I know. Very excited for you guys!

Savannah said...

HOW EXCITING!!! Congrats! Your sweet baby boy is going to be the perfect addition to your family!

Murdock's mama said...

Wow Abby...that is so exciting!!! You're going to have that perfect little family!! :)