Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My First Vox Box!

So for a couple years, I've seen Jonathan receive random boxes of products to review. They were always men's products like shaving gel, deodorant, face wash, etc. so I never thought to ask if they had female products. I was reading Abby's blog a few months ago and she had gotten her first Vox Box and it looked so cool that I went and signed up for an Influenster account. I came home and told Jonathan about it and he told me that's what he's been receiving for years and asked why didn't I use his link to sign up so he'd get credit. Ha!

There's lots more to Influenster than their free product boxes so I clicked around and gave some product reviews until I was finally selected to receive my first Vox Box full of (free) products to try out and review! I was selected the TLC Vox Box for Mom's. I was pretty excited to open my box and see what was in it!

The thing I was most excited about was the coupon for FREE Breyers Gelato Indulgences ($4.49-$5.99). I had just told Jonathan (after watching one of the many commercials for it) how much I wanted to try the Gelato. I got the Caramel flavor and oh my. It is quite delicious! The container is super small but it's so rich that you don't eat much per serving. Ok, now I want to go eat a few spoonfuls of it:)

Neosporin Neo To Go ($4.97-$7.50). Of course in the couple weeks before receiving this box, Adalyn had a few pretty serious scrapes/cuts and had between one and three band-aids each day. We were using Neosporin on her cuts but when we got this box she had just healed up and thankfully we haven't had a need for the Neo to Go since then! I'm excited to try the spray since we usually use the regular ointment. I have it waiting on the kitchen counter because I figure we'll need it soon with how much the kids are playing outdoors.

Ivory Bar Soap ($3.99 for a 10 pack). I grew up using Ivory Bar Soap so I am a fan. I'm happy to have this to keep in our guest bathroom shower! Ivory smells so fresh!

Puffs to Go ($.49). I have horrible seasonal allergies. I am so over it! You can pretty much always find a Puffs to Go pack in my purse thanks to my allergies. There are certain things that I have to have specific brands and one of those things is Puffs. Don't go buying me Kleenex brand tissues. They are worthless. I only can use Puffs with Lotion!

AVON Anew Reversalist Express Wrinkle Smoother ($30). I was excited to try this since I am self-conscious of the lines that are showing up around my eyes. (Thanks to my 30's and 2 kids!) Honestly I've only used this one day. The day I used it, every single time I looked in the mirror at work, it looked like I had raccoon eyes and like my eye make-up had melted down my face. I don't know if it's the creamy texture of the product or what the problem is. I plan to give it one more chance in case I was just having a bad make-up day that day. (Although I use all Mac products and never have issues with my eye make-up running.) I've been afraid to give it a second try just because I don't want to look like Alice Cooper at work again.

Shell Fuel Rewards Card. Can I be honest? I opened my box and saw this card and I got so super excited that it was a free gas card. (Even $5 would have made my day!) But Jonathan looked closer at it and told me it was a rewards card. BOO! What a let down. I know using it allows you to earn free gas (like $.25/gallon off on your first fill up.) But we use Kroger gas with our Kroger points and the last time Jonathan filled up, he had $.50/gallon off. So we're not interested in using Shell when we're happy with Kroger.

All in all, it was a fun box and I hope I get selected for future Vox Boxes!

1 comment:

Murdock's mama said...

So funny that Jonathan's been getting them and you didn't realize it was {essentially} the same thing! :) Love it! Yay for free stuff!