Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shamrock Shuffle 3K

This rainy cold morning Billie, Tasha, Nevada and I braved the elements to run in the Shamrock Shuffle 3K! Lindsy was out of town:(. We missed you girl! It was Tasha's and Nevada's first race ever so it was a big deal! Last year, this was my first race to run ever. Its a good length (1.8 miles). Once you run one race it gets addicting and you want to run in more and more races. I can't even remember how many 5K races Billie and I ran last year. I can remember that we ran 2 10K's because those were a big deal to me:) I'm not a big distance runner! Anyway, all of our hubbies came along with Nevada's cute baby to cheer us on. They got a couple pictures of us too!

This picture was before we ran the race. We have learned from past experience that the "after" picture from races isn't so pretty, so we decided we needed a pic before.
Here is Billie crossing the finish line! The boys were cheering for us when we crossed! Notice the time on the clock! It was chipped timing which means that our chips get activated when we cross the start line and keep our time until the finish line. We were at the back of the pack before we started so it was a couple minutes into the clock before we actually crossed the start line. (There were almost 1,000 people in the race.) That means that Billie finished a couple minutes under what the clock says! Great job, Billie!
Here I am crossing the finish line. I was almost 1.5 minutes after Billie. She ran back down the road and found me and sprinted with me through the last stretch! Love ya girl!
Billie and I walked back down the street to cheer on Tasha and Nevada across the finish line. Unfortunately we couldn't find Nevada in all of the runners! But both girls said they had tons of fun and ran the entire race without any walking! Good job, girls!

And just because we have to...we took an after picture of us. Although this is after we've gone inside and had coffee and warmed up so it isn't quite as bad as some "after" pictures!
I totally forgot to get a picture of all of us including our hubbies! Oh no! All in all we had a great time. The rain didn't scare us! We're hardcore! :) When our official chip times get posted on the website, I'll have to update! This is my official opening for running season! Yay! Can't wait for all of the many more races this spring and summer!

**Edited to add official times:




1 comment:

Sue said...

Congrats Abby! Good job :-)

I've never run anywhere except maybe when I'm late for a bus or something - hee hee. Maybe one day ;-)

I have to say though... you girls look great in your "after" pics, especially having been out running in the rain!

Enjoy the rest of your day :-)
Hugs xo