Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Florida Weekend - Part 1

Last weekend was quite a whirlwind! As most of you know I've been talking about Angela's wedding weekend for some time. I was so excited to see all of my old college friends! We had such a great time! I just wish we could have stayed for a whole week! Because we had so much stuff going on I have tons of pictures, so I've decided to post a couple different posts this week to cover all of the pics from the weekend!

Friday morning Jonathan and I woke up at 2AM, got showers and were on the road at 3AM. Thankfully he's a wonderful husband and let me sleep in the car. Around 6AM I was kinda half asleep with my seat reclined and I heard this HUGE bang! It scared the crap out of me and I sat straight up. I thought we blew a tire! It scared Jonathan too! He said he didn't think it was a tire and to check the cooler. **Side note: for Christmas Jonathan's mom gave us a joint present of a car cooler that plugs into the lighter. We really don't travel much so we really weren't sure how much we would use it. We got it out for this trip and it could hold 4 bottles of water and 2 diet cokes.** So I put my hand down next to the cooler and its wet. I look a little closer and yes, diet coke is ALL over the backseat! So I get my travel pack of bounty paper towels out and am trying to reach all of the coke splatters all over my tan interior! Do you have a good mental picture yet? Luckily we have leather seats, but coke was on our bags too. I should have gotten a picture of the dumb cooler. For some reason it has a hot and a cold switch (why do you want your cooler hot anyway?). It's hard to explain but its one of those switches that when it's in the middle it's off then on top it says Heat and then on the bottom it says Cold. So we had the switch down (where it said cold) and at 3 AM we hadn't seen that it made a light next to the Heat button go on. So that's how we started our trip!


We checked into the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort 13 hours after we started our trip! It is an absolutely beautiful resort! They greeted us at our car and gave us complimentary champagne! That's the way to start a vacation! You know you'll be treated right! Jonathan and I made our way up to our room to freshen up before I needed to leave for the shower and the bachelorette party. I washed my face and put some new moisturizer on and felt like a whole new person...then I looked in the mirror and my face was covered with huge red blotches! I still don't know if it was the water, the towel or my new moisturizer because it hasn't happened since, but I'm sure you could believe that I started to get a little freaked out.


While my face was still blotchy I decided I couldn't wait for it to go away so I better go ahead and get dressed. I started unpacking my outfit and I couldn't find my jeans! I started digging a little more fervently and still no jeans! I traveled in sweat pants and had some khaki walking shorts in my suitcase and that's all! Neither of which went with my "going out" shirts! OH NO!!! So I called up Angela and she rescued me thankfully with a whole bag of her jeans/pants for me to try! I had to show up to the shower with a black and white dressy shirt and khaki shorts! But I was able to change into jeans before the bachelorette party! I guess jeans are usually a given since I'm wearing them so I didn't think about packing them! You know that will be my first thing to check for in future vacations! Perfect jeans are hard to find it's not like you can just run out to the mall to grab a pair!


Here are some pics of the bachelorette party with me wearing Ang's jeans! Thanks girl!! There was a big group of us even though these pics have the same 5 of us in them! :)


Jess W, Michelle, Ang, me, Jess D. Ang was thrilled with her blinking tiara!
Me, Jess D, Jess W, Michelle

Ang and me

Ang knows a lot of people in the wedding business and got the hookup with this SUV limo for the night for FREE!!!
Some of our girlfriend couldn't make it in town in time for the party. We missed you guys! Sorry that this post is forever long! I have tons of more pictures...see you all tomorrow for Part 2! :)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Well... what a way to start your trip. My parents have that kind of cooler too and I think we borrowed it once and had the heat thingy on too but fortunately no DC exploded. I'm SO glad you have leather seats on your car! Phew!

The hotel looks amazing. Sweet getting champagne as you drive up!

Glad your friend's jeans fit - phew! Looks like you ladies had a fun night!

Can't wait to hear/see the next edition ;-)

Lindsy said...

Oh my goodness girl - don't you just love trips that start that way. Looks like it all turned around and you had a fun night out. I am looking forward to reading more!

Michelle Plymire said...

Glad you had fun! We have a cooler like that, I think we've used it once. I still haven't thought of a good reason you would want a heated cooler.