Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yummy Dessert

It's a dark dreary day here today. J and I rented Get Smart from the Library so we're spending the day on the couch! I hope it's funny! Did you all have a great holiday yesterday? J and I had a great time at his aunt and uncle's house last night. They live outside of the city and have a huge yard...too bad it was raining. We had to move the corn hole into the garage! His uncle had rented a dunk tank, but the rain didn't deter the kids from using it. They had a great spread of food...yummy pulled pork BBQ sandwiches (how funny that we had that two days in a row!). I guess the meat was something that his uncle and cousin caught...I didn't find that out until after I ate it but it was good either way!

This is what I made for dessert...thanks to Billie! At the last minute on Saturday I found out that I needed to bring a dessert and I had just bought these cute star dishes and Billie gave me the recipe for Fruit Pizza! Yummy! I made a double recipe because there were going to be a lot of people at our get together.
Jonathan's uncle is really into fireworks and had a HUGE firework show with the help of a bunch of the guys. Luckily the rain stopped for a long enough time for us to go outside and watch it! I can't imagine how much money was spent on all of those fireworks! But they were beautiful! And we didn't have to deal with fighting crowds to go downtown. All in all it was a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Your desserts look delish! Got a recipe to share? ;-)

Glad the rain stopped for you to see the fireworks!