Monday, October 12, 2009

Round 2

Saturday night was yet another 10 year reunion for us to attend! It was Jonathan's reunion this weekend. He attended Trinity High School, a large catholic all-boys school, which made for an interesting reunion. If you think about it, usually the people excited to catch up at reunions are the girls. Guys just shake hands, ask where the other person works and go to the next person. There is a WHOLE lot less small talk with men! I'm sure that's not a surprise to anyone!

Anyway, the reunion was at a country club and the room we were in was a bit awkward. They had heavy h'dourves (which were delicious but I felt bad going for seconds, which meant that the one tiny plate of meatballs, mini BBQ sandwich, mini egg rolls, and 2 mini chicken strips were crazy expensive at $25 each!) There was a cash bar...$5 for a glass of wine!!! And not a special wine, but the cheep wine I buy for $7 a bottle!!! For about the same cost ($28), my reunion had a 3 course sit down meal! Just sayin...

I met some of Jonathan's old friends, but a lot of his close friends were not there. But it did give me an idea of his childhood/teenage years. At least all of us girls were about in the same situation not knowing anyone! Although I think some of them didn't get the memo for "business casual". It was very interesting looking at how people were dressed. From casual pants and sweaters to strapless cocktail dresses. I told Jonathan that I felt like I was extremely covered up almost to the point of matronly compared to some of the girls. But I really do think that my dress was perfect for the event...and now I have a little black dress in my closet!

Another interesting thing I noticed was that most of these guys weren't married. Most of the girls that were there were girlfriends! At my reunion most everyone was married WITH children (where we felt behind because some people even had 3 kids!) Jonathan said it could be because most of the people we talked to had gotten their Masters and some had their PhD. I guess if you've gone to school this whole time, you'd be less likely to be married. That's the only thing I can think. It was almost like we were at a frat party...I felt too old for it! :)

We didn't take any pictures during the reunion, but here are a couple from before.

I got the necklace and earrings at the 2 Chicks and Co. Barnyard Sale back in the summer for 50% off!
I realize this picture is crooked, but I wanted to get a picture where you could see my cute red Jessica's!
While we were in town, we stopped by to see Jonathan's mom, sister and nephew before the reunion. Here's a pic of J with his nephew. How cute.
Our evening did not end well, but that will be for another post on another day. Please keep our family in your prayers. We appreciate each and every one of them.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I LOVE the new pics of you & J. Cute dress too!

Funny the differences between the food at the 2 reunions... perhaps because J's was an all-boys school... and we all know how men plan things - lol

Glad you enjoyed yourself and now you just have to wait another 10 years for the next big ones - hee hee.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes too! It was a different one for Doug & I this year, but we were still thankful all the same ;-) This Sunday we're heading to my sister's for a big feast with her, her kids & my folks!