Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Family and Friends

We've had some fun memories the past few days with our friends and family. I haven't had time to blog about each one individually, so they will all be compiled into this post!

My mom and I used to go to see The Nutcracker Ballet every year when I was young and since I've been an adult we started the tradition up again. The problem this year was that Jonathan and I were not able to make the trip to Toledo the weekend the Nutcracker was playing. My sister-in-law takes her daughters every year and invited my mom and me to go with them on Sunday. It was so interesting to see a different ballet company perform the same story. We had a great time going to brunch before and Starbucks afterwards!

Jonathan and I met up with Tim, Lindsy and Kennedy for a Christmas meal at Panera on Saturday. Lindsy made Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls for us and let me just say OH MY WORD! So good! I'm pretty sure that there is at least a full stick of butter in each roll:) We gave Kennedy her Christmas present from us and she was so precious! We gave her a purse with play makeup, keys, and cell phone and she was so excited! It was so sweet. She knew just what to do with the makeup too. My kind of girl!
Is this not the sweetest? She was thanking us for the present:)
Tonight we went to Smashing Tomato with Derek, Billie, and Eli for a Christmas dinner with them. When we walked in it was hilarious! Billie and I were wearing the EXACT same outfit! Our husbands were embarrassed so of course we had to take a picture! :) We had a great time with them!
Do we look like sisters or what? LOL!
It's so wonderful to be blessed with such wonderful friends in our lives. We cherish them all so much. It makes living far from family so much easier when your friends are practically family.

3 comments:

Lindsy said...

Glad you have enjoyed the cinnamon rolls. The picture of you and Billie is hilarious! Oh my word - so funny. So...how were the new boots with the dress?

Sue said...

What a great post! Looks like you had a great pre-Christmas with family and friends. Can't wait to read more about your Christmas festivities.

Hope you're both feeling 100% again too ;-)

God bless you in 2010 and may He have wonderful and exciting surprises in store for you this year!! Big hugs xo

Stevie said...

So you know about the Pioneer Woman?! My old company published that book, and one of my best friends got to fly out to the midwest to be the publisher's representative at a WalMart book signing. :) She was thrilled. Anyway, funny how things like that crop up! Happy New Year, hope you feel all better now! --Stephanie F.