Wednesday, August 11, 2010

27 Weeks

Yesterday was the end of week 27!  So you know what that means!!!  I am now in my 3rd trimester!  SO crazy to think about!  I cannot believe that I only have 90 days left until my due date!  I'm a little in a state of shock about it all! I don't think there is much difference in my picture from last week and this week, but I feel like my belly has taken on a new shape.  It seems less all around-round and more straight out from my body-round.  If that makes any sense:)
According to What to Expect, Adalyn is about 16 inches and 2.5 lbs.  She's about the size of a head of cauliflower.  She should now be blinking, coughing, sucking and breathing better.  Usually babies born this early can survive with lots of medical attention.  (Adalyn, you can stay put for another 12 weeks!  We don't need that kind of scare!)

I'm still deciding on colors for the nursery (why do I have to be such a perfectionist??) and that will be this weekend's project for Jonathan and my dad!  I can't wait to see it all completed!  Once we get the furniture in the room, then I can start envisioning decorations... my favorite part!!! :)

Jonathan's work is throwing him a baby shower this Friday before he moves departments.  Isn't that sweet!  This will be our first shower!!  How exciting.  Don't think that I won't be sending the camera along with him to work that day to get a picture of everyone in the office wearing pink and him opening gifts! :)

4 comments:

Janine said...

And the fun begins! :)

Aishlea said...

You look great!

Samantha said...

You look adorable! I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow- can't believe how fast the time goes!

Heather said...

Only 3 more months girl!! At least you won't be delivering in these gosh awful heat! :) Looking great, the months will fly by!