Friday, August 19, 2011

A big milestone!

As I mentioned in my previous post, on my birthday we had some "baby stuff" come up.  Well, that baby stuff happened to be lowering the crib! Where is my newborn baby?? Since she's been on the floor more often she's starting to try new things but I still hadn't seen her get to a standing position without help.  I put her in her crib to play while I was in her closet looking through her shoes to see what size she is going to be for fall.  I turned around and sure enough she is standing up and about to topple out of the crib! (Maybe I should add that she was attempting to reach a cute pair of pink gap flip flops that I had just tried on her. Starting her shoe addiction at a young age! She's her mama's baby!)  It scared me so bad though! So when Jonathan got home from work I told him that I couldn't leave her in the crib one more night until her mattress was lowered.

That of course took longer than we expected since we had to do and then undo and then straighten the crib skirt (why do they make those so hard to keep in place??) and tighten the bumper and then we finally got it right.  It seems like just moving the mattress made her waay older. Here are a couple pictures of her in her "new" bed.
Can you tell she was worried that I was leaving her in her bed instead of just taking a picture?

And the other nursery change is a less impressive milestone, but a change none the less.  Sometimes it's the small things that make me the happiest.  The bow holder I made only had one center ribbon and we had filled up that ribbon. So I added two ribbons to the holder and now I'm able to keep all of her different kinds of bows organized and we have space for MORE!! :) ::as J rolls his eyes:: I see bow holders in stores and boutiques and they have these short little ribbons and I wonder WHO those bow holders are for? I'd never be able to fit even half of Adalyn's bows:) Good thing I made my own.
Before she was born:
 After:
{We have a couple special bows but most of them in this picture are from Hobby Lobby. They have great prices for bows in case you're looking for some!}

And all that empty ribbon? Don't you worry!  I have an order placed with my Mom's group for a TON of new bows for $1 each and I'm pretty excited!!

These are enough milestones for now.  Can I slow down time please!  Let's not discuss what a mess I will be down the road when we convert her crib to a toddler bed. Nope. Not thinking about it. 

No comments: