Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Valentine's Day

It's a month late but I'm still going to post our Valentine's Day pictures. I love being able to look back on past years' posts so I feel like I have to post pictures even though it's crazy late.

The kids both had two Valentine's outfits so the day before Valentine's day I dressed them all up and got some pictures. They just looked so cute!






That night I made a little treat for Adalyn to take to her friends at the sitter's house and we made up some Valentine treat bags for her friends.
My little man was happy and smiley getting his cute Valentine outfit on the next morning.

Of course we had to get some pictures before they went to the sitter. I love these two! Seriously. They are holding hands. Melt.




Adalyn was so excited to show us the two Valentine's cards she made us at daycare when I picked her up. Here is one of them. So cute. I love that her sitter does these types of crafts with the kids. Adalyn LOVES them!

 We got the kids (and each other) a couple little gifts and I decorated the table with hearts. We also picked up a heart shaped pizza and some delicious cupcakes. We gave Adalyn full access to a cupcake and she was into it! She pretty much finished that thing off!



 Of course she had to take breaks to clean her face off. It is so funny how much she loves napkins.
 And back for more. I think she ate all of that icing! She's her mama's girl!
My boys.
 He is seriously the happiest baby. Eat.Him.Up.
 He loves his daddy.
 Waiting so patiently to open presents.

I have so many wonderful memories of the little holidays like Valentine's Day growing up. I know that some people don't really celebrate, but I remember my mom always making such a big deal of making a pretty table and special (red) foods for Valentine's day. I want to create the same types of wonderful memories for my family. I try to decorate the house for each holiday and when the Valentine's stuff came out a few weeks ago Adalyn ran around the house pointing out all the hearts. It makes me realize that all the work of putting the decorations up is so worth it when I see everything through her eyes. I'm so blessed with wonderful parents and a wonderful husband and kids. I feel loved!

No comments: