Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Movin' On Up

A couple weekends ago we bought Cayden a new big boy car seat. Back in March we bought a car seat from a consignment sale for Jonathan's car and left the infant seat stationary in my car. Cayden was just too heavy for us to lug that car seat around any longer. He's still under the 30 lbs weight limit for the infant seat but with two long car trips coming up in the next few weeks, we felt that he needed a little more space in his seat to be comfortable.

We bought the exact same car seat for Cayden that Adalyn has. Britax still made the same color which is great for the OCD issues we have in our family:) It's just so crazy to see my BABY in a big boy seat. Of course I had to get a picture of him sitting in his infant car seat (not strapped in since it was a bit of an afterthought) just so I could remember the moment.
And just so I can be sappy, I had to go find a picture from his first time in his car seat.
Ok, someone please come scrape me off of the floor. I can't handle how fast time is going.  What happened to my teeny tiny newborn??  

Here he is in his new big boy seat.
 I think he's a fan!
 He sits upright so much more now so he was really loving watching himself in the mirror.
 I love that now the kids can see each other and talk to each other better than before. It is precious to watch them interact. 
Yet another milestone we've passed. It's amazing how fast it goes even when you try to savor every moment!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Aww he looks like such a big boy! It really does go by way too fast. Are one of your long trips to NC to visit your friend!?! :)

Lindsy said...

That's crazy - I'm clinging to the baby phase - Grey might be in that infant seat until he's 4! =)