- I'm this close to breaking out the maternity clothes. I know when I finally give in to the elastic waistband of maternity jeans I will wonder why I waited so long. But right now I'm bound and determined to continue to wear my cute jeans that aren't saggy in the butt like maternity jeans. But I know that day is coming. Maybe even tomorrow. NO. I refuse to give in! ok maybe I will...
- I feel like I'm showing really early this time. Probably because I had 25 lbs left over from the last pregnancy that I had left to lose. When I did try on a pair of my maternity jeans the other day I felt like I looked like I was very far along if you know what I mean.
- On that last note, I feel like I'm starting this pregnancy with a bit of a handicap. Knowing that one is only supposed to gain 25-30 lbs during pregnancy and knowing that I'm currently overweight by 25 lbs stresses me out. I know I shouldn't get caught up with the numbers but I want to feel healthy this pregnancy. And I'd like to lose the weight faster this time around.
- Oh and still on that note, I had finally been able to fit back into my wedding band. Yes, I'm one of those people that gain/lose weight in my fingers. I'm already mourning the day that my wedding band doesn't fit again...and I know the day is coming soon because some days I have to wedge it on my finger.
- I know pregnancy is worth all of the hormones and weight issues, but it's obviously my stresser.
- At the beginning of this pregnancy I was a bit worried but also excited at the same time because I wasn't feeling nauseous or sick at all like I did with Adalyn. Never fear. The sickness has come. The food aversions have come. Sometimes after work I'll start to make something for dinner and all of the sudden it sounds so completely gross that I just can't do it. Poor Jonathan. We've had a bit of a shaky couple weeks of dinners. (Yes, I made him eat salad one night for dinner because that was the only thing that sounded good to me.) Thank goodness for Zofran and saltines! Praying that I only have two more weeks of sickness and that it ends when my second trimester starts like it did with Adalyn!
- Babies, Babies, Babies. Ok, you all know I work for a big church. We have a large staff and there are a large number of staff people that are right around my age. Which brings me to my next point. You all. Between staff and staff spouses there are 11 women pregnant with 12 babies due in 2012!! And we're only up to August of 2012. We still have 4 more months worth of people who could get pregnant!! AND there were two babies born right at the end of 2011. That is CRAZY!! Good thing we don't do staff baby showers! HA! We are going to take over the church nursery on the weekends:) I guess we have a lot of happy, loving people on staff:) Everyone is joking that there is something in the water...but it's not a joke. There really is something in the water!! Looking around, there are a slim number of married people of the baby making age left who aren't pregnant or just had a kid in the past year. Should be a fun time around the office this year! We'll see if anyone else drinks the water!
1 day ago