Monday, April 29, 2013

Siblings

Last week after work the kids were being so cute that I just had to get the camera out to document the brother / sister relationship. 

Adalyn was eating some goldfish with blue paint from a picture she made at daycare in her hair and on her face. She LOVES painting and drawing.
 Happy boy with his sister's old rolling toy.

 If Adalyn is within reaching distance, Cayden is always all over her snack bowl. He SO wants to eat whatever sister is eating. He doesn't realize that he isn't able to eat her snacks with his two little teeth. It's all she can do to get his little fingers peeled off the bowl. Boy likes to eat.
 I love this picture. She's saying "no brother" and he's saying "why not? give up the good stuff!"
 So he leans in with more vigor. 
 Look at those leg rolls!
 Adalyn turned away to guard her bowl and you can just see Cayden's wheels turning.
 The reach-around. Nope. Didn't work.
"If all else fails I'll just try to pull her over." 

 And thankfully after all of that, Adalyn is still just as sweet to him and gives him kisses.
 Pesky little brother. That's his job, right?
 Later Adalyn was trying to teach Cayden how to use his sippy cup. (Yes, she has a different shirt on.)
 "See? Watch me."
 She also likes to give him his bottle. She's pretty serious about it.

I am so thankful for their precious relationship. I just love sitting back and watching them interact. I know it will only get sweeter.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Great photog work. Not sure how you got A to sit there while you had the camera out!

Janine said...

First off I laughed out loud at this...he is a determined little squirt! And Oh My! Hello Rolls! He has chunked up big time! Sooo cute! I love these pics of their love. It is so fantastic to watch the sibling interactions! And, um, they are getting to be close in size! That's how ours are.

Janine said...

First off I laughed out loud at this...he is a determined little squirt! And Oh My! Hello Rolls! He has chunked up big time! Sooo cute! I love these pics of their love. It is so fantastic to watch the sibling interactions! And, um, they are getting to be close in size! That's how ours are.

Lindsy said...

I love this - the play by play on the snack grabbing action: it's a riot!
A's hair has gotten so long!!! She is looking like such a big girl.
C's leg rolls are just like A's were, aren't they? How funny is that?
I love his little chubby cheeks - can't wait to see both of them.
Sweet babies!