Sunday, June 21, 2009

Canoeing!!!

Yesterday we went canoeing with three other couples. It was a perfect day! In the early morning there was a huge storm that came through, but by the time we woke up it was past us and it ended up being a beautiful sunny, blue skied, 90 degree day! Perfect for being on the water!

After our trip down the creek!
Tim and Lindsy, Derek and Billie, Jonathan and me, Eric and Beth
We canoed 12 miles down the Elkhorn Creek. The water levels were higher than they were last year when we went, so the current was pretty strong and we didn't have to row quite as much! We just coasted and relaxed and enjoyed each other! (Look at that beautiful scenery in the background! The blue skies and greenery were picturesque!)
The water was a bit murky from all the rain we've had, but we still stopped at our swimming spot and got in the water to cool off while the boys fished. We packed lunches and ate on the banks of the creek. This is what summer is all about! I don't consider myself an outdoorsy type but I really think I could spend every weekend like this!
Lindsy, Billie, and me after our fun day! Lindsy had planned this canoe trip for Tim's birthday so when we all got cleaned up we went back to their house for a birthday party! We had a great time at their house eating yummy food, playing corn hole and hanging out with friends. Needless to say we were exhausted today!

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun trip! My sister is a kayaker (is that a word? lol) and she loves being outdoors like you. Me? I'm more of an indoor girl but I have enjoyed kayaking with my sis at the cottage.

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. What's up for this weekend?

Justin and Jessica said...

Looks like a fun trip!

Love the last picture of you and J! :)