Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My 28th

I am well aware that it has been a full week since I have posted! It just seems like I have less and less time in the evenings and on the weekends and somehow I feel the need for sleep instead of blogging. :) It has been 2 week since I have been running! Looking back, I'm not sure what I've done other than volleyball on Mondays and softball on Thursdays. But I was doing something... I was going to run yesterday but we had a seriously bad storm come by. It was as black as night at about 3:00 in the afternoon! We lost power at the house and thankfully Lindsy and Kennedy were at our house because Dakota was scared! We also lost power at work so I got to go home a bit early! So no running last night. I got my shoes on tonight and went about 3 miles and just about puked (sorry for the visual) :). It was hot and humid and I'm obviously out of shape!

Tim, Lindsy and Kennedy are our temporary housemates. They moved in last weekend after the sale of their house. They close on the house they are buying in two weeks so in the mean time they are staying at our house! It's so fun to have a little one running around the house. Dakota absolutely loves Kennedy! We're having a great time!

Last Sunday was my 28th birthday! I'm getting a little too close to the big 3-0! Saturday morning Jonathan surprised me with an appointment to my favorite nail place to get a manicure and pedicure! Boy did it feel good! Then he surprised me with dinner at The Melting Pot! I had never been there and wanted to go so bad! We decided to do the four course meal for two called the Fondue Feast. Of course I had to take pictures because the stuff looked soo yummy!

Here's a picture of our first course of Quattro Formaggio Cheese Fondue. It was served with bread, apples, and veggies. Yumm!
The second course was a Caprese Salad but I had already dug in before I thought to take a picture! Our main course was potatoes, veggies, and 6 different kinds of meat! Yum! (I didn't know they brought the meat to the table raw and that you actually cooked it in the fondue. I thought the meat would be cooked and that you just dip the cooked meat into the fondue for taste.) Ha!
The fourth course was my favorite as I'm sure you can imagine!!! I think I could have had this all 4 courses! We decided on a S'mores chocolate fondue. It was milk chocolate with marshmallows and crushed graham crackers in it! It was served with pound cake, brownies, rice krispies, marshmallows, bananas, strawberries, and cheese cake with a candle in it!


The best thing about The Melting Pot was the amazing atmosphere! We were so secluded that we couldn't even see any other people in the restaurant! How romantic!!
Sunday, Jonathan surprised me with lunch at the Olive Garden and our friends, Tim and Lindsy (and Kennedy too) and Billie and Derek met us at the restaurant for a birthday celebration! We had a great time! All in all I had a great birthday weekend!
I also have to say a BIG Happy Birthday to my dad! Today is his 65th Birthday! You would never guess it tho! (Check out his ride on Big Mable!) I love you dad! I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Michelle Plymire said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend! Happy Birthday!! The Melting Pot is my favorite!! :)

Sue said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Abby! Wow... 28. I was still single and Doug was merely a dream without a name back then - hee hee.

Your bday festivities sound like a ton of fun. I'm trying to figure out what Doug and I will do in the Boston area this weekend for my bday. I'm thinking maybe heading towards Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket (depending on the weather).

Have fun with your houseguests!

Hugs xo

the Provident Woman said...

We went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary. WE LOVED IT! Neither one of us had been before.