Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 Years Ago Today...

(If you missed it, Jonathan wrote me a surprise blog post this morning {scroll down}.  Of course it made me cry!  I also think it is better written than my post is, but I already had this written and ready to post.  Maybe J should be a regular guest-poster on here!  Thanks sweetie! I love you! - Isn't it funny that we used the same picture in our posts? :) )

Four years ago today I married my best friend.  It's so fun to remember what we were doing 4 years ago today.  It's kind of sad how dim the memories of that day are getting already.  But I love to think about all the different activities that went on during our wedding weekend - pedicures, luncheons, hair appointments, time with friends and family!  What I do vividly remember is that it was the hottest day of the year! (Can you tell by this picture?)

We have had our fair share of twists and turns over our past 4 years together, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.  Those crazy ups and downs and rollercoasters we've been on have given us a stronger bond and tested us and brought us closer to God.  When going through struggles, knowing that I could count on God and my husband to be by my side no matter what, was the best feeling in the world.  I feel like we've done a lot of living in four years.

Since we've been married, we've bought one car, two houses, lost a job, both changed jobs twice, had our 5 year college and 10 year high school reunions, lost family members, had infertility issues, and are now having a baby!  So much can happen in such little time!  I'm so excited to see what this next year brings us!  I love you with all of my heart, Jonathan!!  I cannot wait to see you transition into being a daddy!  I'm so lucky to be your wife!

4 comments:

Jess :) said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I LOVE how in LOVE you two you are and I am so excited to see you BOTH take on the new role of 'mommy and daddy!' What a BLESSING to find, and then marry, your best friend! So happy for you guys.

Love and Hugs

Murdock's mama said...

These are too sweet! I'm so happy for you guys! Happy Anniversary!

Sue said...

Beautiful post by a beautiful bride! Loved reading your memories and seeing your pics. Your bridesmaid dresses were VERY pretty... but you, my dear... WOW! Stunning! Happy Anniversary!!

Heather said...

We are one day apart on anniversaries!!! You are a beautiful bride! Love this post and going to read his to you! Hope you guys had a great day!