Monday, February 21, 2011

The Pioneer Woman!!!

I had a girl's day with Billie, Sarah and Adalyn on Friday.  Ree Drummand, aka The Pioneer Woman was in Cincinnati for a book signing for her new book, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and we decided to go see her! We took half of a day of vacation and spent the afternoon driving and shopping and waiting to meet Ree!  It took us about 1.5 hours to get there and we went ahead and got line tickets. (I had tried to get line tickets ahead of time but you have to get them in person so we were out of luck.) We got letter "N" (25 people per letter - making 325 people in line in front of us!) so needless to say it was quite a wait...but worth it! Ree was going to speak at 6pm so since we had a couple hours we drove to Anthropologie and Loft!  Billie and I had never been to Anthropologie and it was fun to walk around, but a little too pricey for me though! But I did buy my first items from Loft in about a year - their clearance rack was an additional 40% off! Whoohoo!

Then we went back to Joseph Beth and the place was already packed with TONS of women!  Let's just say that the Lexington Joseph Beth is about 3 or 4 times the size of this store so I wish the signing would have been at our store! Pioneer Woman fans took over the store.  I feel bad for anyone going into the store to buy a book other than Ree's because they would have had a hard time getting to any aisles! :)

Here is a picture of Ree talking and answering questions from the crowd.  Of course I had a question but was too timid to actually raise my hand!  She was great! So funny and so real!  She talked the entire time about being nervous but she was so natural! (The signing table is at the top of the stairs so the people in line had to wait on the stairs.)


Adalyn had some spit up issues so we walked across the parking lot to Carter's to get her a new shirt and then came back and claimed a couch.  That couch was our home for the rest of the evening.  There's a restaurant in the bookstore but we were too worried about leaving our couch and the restaurant being too full so we just skipped dinner.  Here are a few pictures of us hanging out and entertaining the baby.  Adalyn was so good.  I am so blessed!!

Finally they called letter "M" so we got up to get ready to get into line and the guy in charge of the signing came up to us and said since we had a baby he'd take us to the front of the line! (Why didn't we do this hours ago??) So he came back and took us up an elevator (I was glad because I was worried about hanging out on those steps.) and there SHE was!! Seriously how cute is her outfit and those boots?
And here is proof of how much Ree loves babies! This is the group that was ahead of us in the "cut" line.  These faces crack me up!
Seriously, she is soo pretty and her hair is amazing.  I wanted to ask her her secret for such great hair.  But I was too star struck to actually say anything to her.  I told her Adalyn's name and she asked how to spell it because her daughter's middle name is Adeline.  Then I told her that we drove up from Lexington and she told us a story about how she and Marlboro man had to drive to a wedding in Louisville many years ago and totally missed Louisville and got to Lexington! (That's quite a long ways to miss a city!) It was so great how she actually talks to everyone and is so personable!  I mean seriously everyone must feel the same way since she had such a crowd of people there, but it feels like she's a long lost girlfriend!

Here are some pictures of us at the signing table. I didn't think to put my camera back into Auto mode when I gave it to the bookstore worker and so they turned out a bit blurry. Oops!
 



We didn't get home until about midnight but it was a fun day and worth the lack of sleep!  Saturday I made her Chicken Spaghetti for our dinner club and it was quite the hit!

No comments: