Monday, July 22, 2013

4th of July!

Yes, it is the end of July and I'm posting our 4th of July pictures. That's my life lately:) Leading up to the holiday we had been living in monsoon land and it had been raining for days. So of course the 4th got here and it rained and poured all day. We were bummed. We usually spend the 4th with Jonathan's family at a fun cookout. His aunt always has everyone over and rents blow up slides for both the big kids and the small kids. We have yearly pictures in our matching red, white and blue outfits for the past 3 years there and I was so bummed that we didn't get to go this year. I had to get pictures of my kids in their red, white and blue tho.
Adalyn kept walking around saying "Happy Independence day!" It was so stinkin cute so I had to get it on video. Of course Cayden was yelling and Adalyn was whispering. I hope you can hear her!



So what do you do on the 4th of July when your cookout is rained out? You do the All-American thing and go shopping at Sams! Adalyn absolutely loves going to Sams because she gets to sit next to Cayden in the cart. (Just the other night she got in her Cozy Coup Car and told us "Bye, bye. I'm going to Sams." She cracks us up!) BTW, all stores should have these carts!
(She was throwing me a kiss in this pic.)

I had to dress them in holiday clothes for church on Sunday too. Here are some pics. Of course I can never get both kids looking and smiling at the camera at the same time! 





Since our day was rained out I feel like we missed out on the holiday this year. We didn't eat cookout food or watch fireworks. (Thanks to our neighbors we HEARD them for days afterwards...) I'll never complain about a day off work to spend with my three favorite people though!

4 comments:

Janine said...

Cayden's face makes me laugh in the church pics...so funny the scrunched up look!
And, um, YES! I looove the carts at Sam's. We love Sam's, period. :)

Janine said...

Cayden's face makes me laugh in the church pics...so funny the scrunched up look!
And, um, YES! I looove the carts at Sam's. We love Sam's, period. :)

Sue said...

My goodness Abby... how adorable are they!! I can't get over what a big girl Adalyn is - she's growing up SO fast! And Cayden... those cheeks!! I just want to PINCH them! - hee hee. Sorry your 4th was rained out :-(

Lindsy said...

Love their sweet little matchy matchiness and yes, every store should have Sams-esk carts: for real! Um, Janine, you don't love sams - you could straight be their spokes person. =)