Saturday, July 6, 2013

Florida Vacation

Two weeks ago we went on vacation to Florida! We had not taken a vacation for two years since last summer I was too pregnant (and then had a newborn) to take any trips so we were due for a vacation! We went to visit and stay with my brother and his family in St. Augustine.  We were a bit worried about the car drive down to Florida but it ended up being great! It only took us 13 hours and we only stopped 3 times! I was so amazed by how well the kids did. They watched lots of princess movies and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
 Adalyn requested Monster's Inc. and she was cracking us up because she thinks the first scene is scary so she covers her eyes but then watches through her fingers.


Once we got to Florida we ended up having such amazing weather every single day! Two days we did have rain but it was timed perfectly during nap time while we were at home and then quit before dinnertime! Perfect Florida. We enjoyed family time so much.

My brother has a beautiful waterfront view! I could wake up to this view every day!
 Sunday after church we enjoyed fish tacos (for the first time)!
 Adalyn with her cousins! She looks up to them all so much. She just couldn't get enough of them!
 We enjoyed some pool time Sunday afternoon!
On Mondays the neighborhood pool is closed for cleaning so my brother took off work and we all went to the beach! It was nice to not be in a tourist-y area and I couldn't believe how empty the beach was which my brother said was the busiest he's ever seen it. Neither of my kids (nor my husband) were big fans of the beach. I thought Adalyn would love the unending sandbox since she is a fan of the one at her sitter's house, but she wasn't really into it. My brother helped her build a castle and then she enjoyed hunting for shells to decorate the outside of the castle. She did not like the feel of the sand when she was standing in the water and it would move out from under her feet. She also didn't love the waves splashing her (neither did Cayden). I think it was just something new to her. Maybe after a couple days she would have liked it. I'm not a huge fan of feeling sandy but I loved being out in the ocean and playing in the waves!! It was so fun!








That evening after a cookout dinner Jonathan and Caleb (my nephew) had a rousing game of Corn Hole. Adalyn even got to play a game! She was excited to cheer for her daddy and was all about being a big girl and playing it herself. It was a beautiful summer evening!



 My kids love their Uncle Aaron!
I have so many pictures from our vacation that I'm going to have to make this into two posts! Stay tuned... :)

2 comments:

Janine said...

That picture of Adalyn covering her eyes is precious!!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Looks like a great trip! We made the drive last summer and we are itching to go back. It's such a beautiful place and their beaches are amazing!