Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day

My day started with breakfast in bed... (sorry it's a pic from my phone)
Then I opened a sweet new Willowtree figure.  I love it! It goes with the one I got when I was pregnant:)
Then I took a few pictures with my sweet girl before church.

At church they recognized all of the moms by having us stand up.  It really hit me that I'm finally a mom.  I actually got to stand up.  It reminded me of the past years that Mother's Day was so painful because I wanted to be a mom so bad.  And it reminded me of how blessed I am that I have a healthy, beautiful baby girl. And a wonderful husband too!

We went to Panera for lunch and then back home to relax and take a much needed nap. (I took a few more pictures with my girl.) And then we went to Orange Leaf for 1/2 off! YUM! 

All in all, it was a wonderful first Mother's Day!! I am so blessed to have a wonderful family and an amazing mom who taught me what it is to be a wonderful mom!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Abby... I have tears in my eyes reading your post... but happy tears... for you that you got to experience this wonderful day of blessings!! I am always so thrilled for you that God answered your prayers with such a precious baby girl!! Biggest Hugs xo

Justin and Jessica said...

So glad that you had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! :) I can't believe how big your little sweetie is already!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Glad you had a great first Mother's Day! I love Orange Leaf!!

Anonymous said...

I love you.