Saturday, November 21, 2009

Circles, Zebra and a Friend

I'm sorry that it's been so long since my last post. I just haven't felt like I had anything exciting to write about...that is...until today!

I talked in my last post about decorating my office. Well this week I got a green (and I mean *bright* green) accent wall. (I had a choice of green, blue, and orange...but if you know me well, that was not really a choice for me!) Somehow I procured a bit of the green paint that was used on my accent wall in order to make a piece of art for one of my white walls.

Jes, my old college friend always has such amazing ideas for art. She had a whole bunch of mdf 2 foot circles left over from a set she had built, so she gave them to me for FREE! Seriously!! She thought we should do a grid of circles, so today was the day to paint them! We decided that black paint would look best with the bright green. We went to Lowe's to get some black paint and found some brownish/black paint on the discount/reject shelf for $3.50! We asked the worker nicely if he could put more pigment in it and he said he wasn't supposed to, but he did it anyway. How nice of him!!!

After we had a bunch of circles painted black and a couple painted green, we attached some zebra fabric I had with spray adhesive to two of the black circles to give an extra dimension to the wall! The result is awesome!!! Here are some pics: (I realize the green looks a bit yellowish in the pics, so you'll have to believe me that it is really really bright green!)
I left the circles in Jes' garage/art studio to dry and she said she would probably move them around a dozen more times to get exactly the right layout!

I also have a square on my green wall that I needed to cover up, so we used a ring that we painted black and stapled the zebra fabric to the inside. It looked great! We're going to hang two black circles, one above and one below the fabric one. LOVE it!! Here's a pic!


This entire project cost me about $10 (black paint, spray adhesive, and screws)! Can you believe it??

I got a HUGE white lantern lamp from Ikea for $6 so I think all of the circles are going to look soo good! We're planning on hanging all of this stuff on Monday after work. Hopefully I'll have some more pictures to post after they are on the walls! :) Can you tell I'm excited?? :)

4 comments:

Lindsy said...

That will be cute - can't wait to see the finished product.

Heather said...

The circles look great, can't wait to see the end result. Very creative and I love the zebra print!

A little of this, a little of that said...

I LOVE this! You will definitely have to post pics of the final result!

Sue said...

Oooh can't wait to see! That green looks similar to the color of my kitchen and main floor powder room!