Monday, November 2, 2009

My First Day!

Today was my first day at my new job at the church! I had a great experience. I got my HR orientation in the morning and then got the tour of the offices and met tons of people. (I still have lots more people to meet since some people don't work on Mondays.) My department took me out to lunch and then in the afternoon I started learning my actual job!

Jonathan asked me if I was overwhelmed. I wasn't overwhelmed with my job...I think the most overwhelming this is how many names and faces I have to learn! :) Everyone was sooo nice though.

My parents sent me this pretty arrangement that was waiting in my new office for me! (Sorry the picture is blurry!)

As I sat at my desk working, listening to Air1 on the Internet, I just thought about how God had been preparing me to work here through my 6 years in banking. All of that hard work and so much unhappiness...God had a plan that entire time! Wow. Pretty cool huh?

So, all in all, it was a wonderful day and I can't wait to go to work tomorrow! (I have some decorating to do in my office:) Thanks for all of your prayers for me to get the job and also for my first day! :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm SOOOO excited for you Abby! How wonderful it's going to be for you at your new job. God is SOOOO good!

Your flowers are so pretty. Very sweet of your folks to surprise you with those!

Great things are ahead, Sweetie. I can just feel it ;-)

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Congrats on your job. How sweet of your parents!

I just came upon your blog from Feedjit. I'm a blogger in Louisville (www.dirtandlace.com), and I'm working on a blog called Bluegrass Bloggers. (I haven't finished the layout yet or I would send a link.) It will list blogs written by people in Kentucky and the surrounding areas, and feature their posts as well as give everyone involved the opportunity to meet fellow bloggers, offer up advice, share info and local happenings, etc. At this point, I am gauging interest and looking for bloggers who would be interested in participating with the site. You can do as little as have your URL listed on the sidebar, or you can participate further. It's a non-money making venture, strictly for fun. Let me know if you are at all interested! E-mail me at dirtandlace@gmail.com or visit my blog and leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!