Wednesday, October 13, 2010

36 Weeks aka 9 MONTHS!!!

We have reached the 9 month point!!  CRAZY!  Here's the issue.  Everyone acts like women are pregnant for 9 months.  So why do I have another 4 weeks until my due date?!!? 

Here is my belly picture from this week.  It really has gotten bigger from last week! (Seriously.  Scroll down and look at last week's picture.)  I feel like it can't stretch any further, but I know it will... just add in more stretch marks.  At this point I wouldn't even notice:)

According to What to Expect, Adalyn is the size of a watermelon and is 19-22 inches long and 6.5 lbs.  I'm pretty sure she's not 6.5 lbs from her weight at my ultrasound 2 weeks ago (4lbs 10oz).  She's still active all the time!  I love feeling her move around. So sweet!  I can't wait to get her in my arms!!

So, many people have told me that I look like I've "dropped", so maybe she'll come early?? :)  My pregnancy has been quite routine and I can't complain about much.  But let's just say that the swelling in my ankles cankles and feet is out of control!!  I LONG to have normal feet again and be able to fit into my shoes and even my slippers! 

I'm going to the Doctor weekly now so we will get more regular updates!  In two weeks I'll have another ultrasound (if Adalyn hasn't come yet!) to see how things are and how big she is!  I can't believe she's almost here!  This weekend is my last shower. My girlfriends are throwing it and I'm so excited to see a bunch of my friends!!  So, after this weekend Adalyn is free to come any time!  (Maybe I should get on that long list that I've written out for my hospital bag... That might be helpful!)  Hopefully I'll get around to taking nursery pictures this weekend... It is finished and ready for her!

5 comments:

Aishlea said...

YAY for reaching 9 months! :) You look great!!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Isn't it amazing how our bodies can carry a baby?!?! I think it's the coolest thing ever! You look great and she'll be here before you know it!

Crystal said...

Yay!! Not much longer now! You look great and yes that belly will probably grow and grow some more. My belly I think is getting bigger by the day...lol!

Seizing My Day said...

I have a couple blog friends who are SO close... what am I going to do when you all have babies?? cry! ha ha!!

I had horrible pregnancies ... but I LOVED feeling them wiggle around in the last two months!

Do you know your feet can grow and you may never wear those slippers again? ;) I went up a half size!

Heather said...

Not much longer!! I don't think your much bigger, I just think maybe she has dropped some and getting ready to make her grand entrance!