Wednesday, October 20, 2010

37 Weeks

Yesterday finished my 37th week!  I am now considered full term!!  How exciting! Here is this week's picture. (Please excuse the band aid. I got my flu shot today at work.)

It's a bit crazy to think about but next Tuesday is my last day of work before my maternity leave!  I had a few weeks of vacation built up so I'm taking off before Adalyn comes.   Hopefully I'll have time to get a much needed massage (a birthday present from this summer!), my hair cut, and a pedicure before she makes an appearance.  Although I'm ok if she wants to come tomorrow! :)  I just can't wait to meet her.

According to What to Expect, Adalyn is still the size of a watermelon (and boy can I tell!) and should be between 19-22 inches and around 6.5 lbs.  If we hang in there until next week I will have another ultrasound and we'll be able to see how big she is!  She was a little peanut last ultrasound so I'm interested to see if she's still small! 

I'm on to weekly doctor appointments now.  Last Thursday I was measuring 1cm and 50% effaced!  I'm not getting my hopes up since you can walk around like that for weeks, but it means that something's happening so I'm excited:)  I haven't experienced any Braxton Hicks so it's good to know that my body is headed in the right direction:)

I just can't wait to meet my little girl!!!  You can come any day now, Little One!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Abby... you can really see the "outline" of how she's scrunched all up there in your belly. It's SOOOOO beautiful! I'm getting SO SO excited for you Sweetie!! Enjoy your last week of work ;-) xo

Seizing My Day said...

Isn't it amazing to think you have a nearly full sized baby crammed into your belly!! ;) I hope and pray all goes well in the next few weeks!! Can't wait to see her! but enjoy your moments... we can wait!!

Aishlea said...

Wow!! You are getting SO close! :)

I'm actually in Hazard, KY this week. I wish I could meet up with you but I am not driving and I think I'm still pretty far from you??? We are heading home tomorrow at lunch. But I will be back next year! :)