Monday, August 31, 2009

Waiting

Have you ever sat in a doctors office waiting room wondering what was taking so long? Hurry up already!? Well how about when it's 11:45 and you haven't had anything to eat or drink since midnight the night before? :) Here I am. Waiting.

I'm having a cyst removed this morning at 10:30...oh wait, that was over an hour ago. I've been laying in this lovely gown with an iv in my hand since 10:00. We found out that my doctor had an emergency C-Section and you know...babies don't wait. So I do.

I've read my book, read blogs. I'm hungry, thirsty and bored! Should I stop complaining now? I figure that I'll be out of commission after surgery so if I want to write my thoughts in any legible way I should get it out now before I'm drugged up! :)

Hopefully this will be quite routine and everything will go smoothly. Jonathan and my mom are with me...waiting. Have I mentioned that we're bored?

Well, it's been an hour (the amount of time they said that the Dr would be) so maybe i should get off of here and hope that she arrives soon! :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

The waiting room sucks man... I feel for you Abby. Praying all goes well today! Big hugs xo

Justin and Jessica said...

Sorry you had to wait so long! I hope your procedure went well. I have dealt with cysts since I was about 13 years old, however I have never had one removed ... mine always painfully burst on their own.