Thursday, September 9, 2010

31 Weeks and I'm sorry for being gone so long...

I know I have been absent from the blogging world for way too many days!  Life has been hectic crazy and I've literally not had a moment to sit down to relax in the evenings let alone gather thoughts and pictures for a post!  I haven't even logged in to blogger to read other blogs.  I feel so behind not knowing what is going on in everyone's lives each day!

We had a busy holiday weekend.  Friday night Jonathan put our new glider together (we love it! Thanks mom and dad!) and then installed new shelving in the nursery closet.  I went to a baby shower for one of my friends and then a wedding for another friend on Saturday.  On Sunday we spent the entire day shopping at every single furniture store in town looking for Labor Day sales on a new couch.  Let's just say that shopping for furniture ranks up there with shopping for a new car.  It's a big purchase, lots of things to consider (color, size, style) and then you have commission sales people literally breathing down your neck at every store!  We have never bought a couch before because the one we are using was given to us second hand when we got married and it needs desperately to be replaced!  It was my number one item to replace when we moved, and we are just now getting around to replacing it!  Thankfully we finally found a wonderful family owned store that was having a 50% off sale on everything!  So in two weeks we will have a new couch. Yay!  I guess walking until my legs fell off on Sunday was worth it!

Monday we worked on the house all day!  Jonathan steamed the carpets and old couch (to get it ready to move to the basement!) and hung the chandelier in the nursery.  I worked on sewing curtains all.day.long.  At 9:30pm Jonathan finally dragged me away from pinning fabric.  It was probably good he did that when he did because I had reached my max!

Every night this week we have been working hard on different projects.  Curtains are still not done.  (Lining curtains takes a lot of patience!) But I did get the fabric cut for a pillow and got the fabric monogrammed.  And I also got 3 yards worth of 2 inch squares of fabric cut for another project.

So, since I've given an excuse, will you all forgive me for being so quiet this week??  I really do have tons of stuff to blog about...just no time to do it!

On with the 31 week belly picture...  I hit 31 weeks on Tuesday!  That means that I am now in single digit weeks!  CRAZY!!
According to What to Expect, Adalyn is now about 19 inches long and 3.9 lbs.  Her digestive system should be all formed now.  And her skin is finally turning opaque from accumulating more fat!  She's looking more and more like a newborn!  She moves around so much now!  I love feeling her tumble around...although it is getting a little painful at times:)  Next week we have an appointment to hear her heartbeat and from then on our appointments will be every two weeks! 

This weekend is my first shower.  Jonathan and I (and Dakota too) will be going to my parents tomorrow for my shower that my aunts are throwing for me!  Should be fun!!  I hope to see lots of family and some old friends!  Hopefully I'll have a chance to blog about it:)

2 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Some much exciting stuff going on over there! I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see the nursery! :)

Aishlea said...

You look great! Hope you have a great shower!