Thursday, September 23, 2010

Craft Fun

Last night Jes and Justin came over and we put them to work!  Seriously, at this point, if you come to our house we will put a paint brush or fabric in your hand and tell you to go to town!  We have a deadline people!  Just kidding.  Jes has been helping me on some painting projects so they came over to work on those.  Let's first just say that Jes is an amazing artist and back in our college days I would have never imagined that she would be painting things for my baby's nursery!  She is also an extremely gifted photographer and I cannot wait for our maternity shoot that we're going to do in two weekends!  I wish I had just an ounce of that creativity! 

Jes helped me decorate our old house and I was more than thrilled that they decided to move back to town a couple weeks ago because I need her interior decorator eye for the new house...especially the nursery.  She painted a Bible verse on a canvas and it looks soo great!  She brought it over to see it in the nursery and I LOVE it!  It's almost finished and then you can bet that it will be hung asap and I will post pics!

I told her that I was going to order some vinyl letters for Adalyn's name over her crib and she asked why I would do that... um...how else am I going to put her name over her crib?  Leave it to Jes, yes, she will paint whatever font I choose!  Seriously.  So we worked on that last night!

Here is Jes painting this plywood with the left over pink from the bottom half of the nursery walls.
While Jes was painting and I was keeping her company and searching fonts online, our husbands were out in the garage being manly and building things... like this frame!  We couldn't help but pose with it!  I just bought some trim from Lowe's for $6 each (we used 2) and they cut the edges and made it into a frame!  $12 for a cute frame is pretty good!  Thanks guys!!
You'll have to excuse my appearance... it was 11 pm!  Which, if you know me is past my bedtime:)  But when you're working on projects time just flies!  That happens all the time when I'm sewing:)

Unfortunately I don't have an after picture yet to post...but rest assured that as soon as this little project is hung on the wall, I will have my camera in hand!!

Thanks Jes and Justin!!!  We're so glad to have you back in town...not just so you can help us on projects:)  We're just happy to have you back in our lives! :)

1 comment:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the after picture!