Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little School Girl

Saturday we went to Jonathan's grandpa's memorial.  He passed away a few weeks ago and lived out of town so the family had a separate memorial this past weekend.  It was a nice time for all of Jonathan's extended family to get together, have happy memories and look through pictures.  Jonathan looks just like his grandpa and it was fun to look at those old pictures.

I was thankful that I had a subdued outfit for Adalyn to wear, since most of hers aren't quite appropriate for a memorial.  I bought this little Ralph Lauren outfit at a consignment sale in August.  I don't think it had ever been worn and was just soo cute (and only $5) so I had to get it.  Of course Jonathan said it looked like a uniform his sister wore to catholic girl's school back in the day.  I had to get some pictures in this cute outfit and Adalyn was in such a great mood that I kept snapping pictures.  I just love capturing that smile!

Trying to grab those toes. Can you see the look of determination?
You can't see well in the pictures but it's a wrap dress with pressed pleats down the side. So cute. Too bad it doesn't photograph well.  I got those ruffle-butts at a consignment sale this spring for a couple dollars and they were just so cute!
Smiling! I love how her cheeks get so big when she smiles that her eyes change shape.  We always say that she Smeyes. (For anyone who doesn't watch America's Next Top Model, it means that she smiles with her eyes.)

So kissable!!

3 comments:

Aishlea said...

Love the dress...and the smile too!

badesjarlais said...

So cute! Where do you do most of your consignment shopping? Do you visit local places or go to Once Upon A Child type places? I'm need to start stocking up on stuff for when I have a little munchkin of my own. :)

A little of this, a little of that said...

She is precious!