Monday, October 1, 2012

Our Weekend

Saturday was a milestone for me. I ran (ok, fine. it was an extremely slow jog) in my first 5k since last Thanksgiving. I normally wouldn't have signed up for a 5k this soon after having a baby since I'm so out of shape. (I've only taken 2 walks in the neighborhood over a mile and ran once on the treadmill.) I actually pushed Jonathan to run this race since I figured I couldn't run it. This was a 5k race for the Refuge for Women and the race was being held at our church. It's a really great organization and my MUMs group tries to do a lot to support them. This is their second year to do a race and both years MUMs has gotten as many girls as possible together to run or walk it. Because of the push from MUMs I felt like I had to sign up to at least walk it. Little did I know that I'd end up not walking at all, but jogging the entire way. (I was so sore for the rest of the day I could barely move!) MUMs really represented because the first 3 girls to cross the finish line were MUMs girls! (I wish I could say I was one of them, but I wasn't!)  Here is the group of MUMs that came out to run!
 Chick-fil-a was there and Adalyn loves the cow...just doesn't ever want to touch him. The cow was so cute with her!
Before pictures. Usually this is Billie and me or Billie, Lindsy and me. This was the first race that Jonathan and I both ran so this is our first race picture together. (Thankfully my parents were in town to watch the kids so we didn't have to worry about them while we ran.)

 Jonathan rounding the final stretch. He finished 6th overall and 2nd in his age group! Too bad only the first 3 overall got prizes. 
 My cheering section! J ran along side me for the final 1/2 mile and Eli and Adalyn gave me high fives on the final stretch the to finish line! I was slow but I finished under my personal goal. 
 After pictures. They're never pretty but it's tradition for us to take pictures after each race.

 Since Papa and Grandma Nan (Nana) were in town this weekend we had to get a couple pictures of them with the kids before church. We don't have enough pictures of them with the kids. (My dad hasn't seen Cayden since he was a week old so that was a long stretch to go without seeing him.)
 Adalyn was in heaven having all that attention from her grandparents. I love her cute fall jumper and Cayden's little man clothes. Precious!

We had a great weekend with my parents. My mom and I even did a little birthday shopping (2 months after my birthday) which was fun. This was my last weekend on maternity leave and we had a good time. Now onto the physical and emotional preparations for going back to work later this week.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

I'm so proud of you for getting out there and finishing! What a girl!

Crystal said...

Good job!!! That is so good! I'm still afraid to sign up for a race. I love A's dress, so cute! I hope you have an easy transition back to work!

Justin and Jessica said...

Good for you! :) Getting back to running after having kids is not easy! Be proud of yourself!

Lindsy said...

Good for you! Wish I could've been there to join you.