Thursday, June 11, 2009

Laptop...I miss you...

I know you were all worried about me when I hadn't posted in so many days! Here's the sad news...Our laptop crashed on Monday (thankfully I wasn't using it at the time, J was...so I cannot be blamed!) Luckily my hubby is really good with computers and in his younger years used to work on the "geek squad" at Best Buy. (I didn't know him then...) He did everything he knew to get the thing back up and running! He even physically took the hard drive out and looked INSIDE the computer. He decided that it was the processor and not the hard drive - thank goodness! We bought our laptop in the day after Thanksgiving sale just this past year so it is still under the manufacturer's warranty. BUT it was our responsibility to back up the hard drive (and wipe it clean because I don't want some people I don't know looking through my personal stuff!)

Jonathan was able to get the tech guy at work to back up the hard drive yesterday! We did not want to have to pay Best Buy to do something J knew how to do (we just didn't have the equipment.) So today our laptop is being sent to Texas and hopefully within another 7 days we will get it back with a new processor and as good as new!

I've been squeezing in reading blogs at work but my work blocks things like comments and images:( so I haven't gotten the full effect. At home I constantly reach for the coffee table (where we leave the laptop)...do you think I have a problem? :) Jonathan keeps reminding me that I can still read blogs in our office at the desktop! But I sit at a desk all day long. I don't want to come home and sit at a desk! :) Thankfully we do have the desktop (since that is where the majority of our pictures and documents are).

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later...

2 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Oooh, that definitely sucks... life would be a lot harder without a laptop now that I have been so spoiled by it!

Sue said...

That is tragic! I don't know if I could breathe without my laptop - lol (I'm kidding... sort of). I totally get the "phantom laptop" vibe you're dealing with though. Hope it's fixed soon for ya Abby!