Monday, March 1, 2010

Book Swap!!

I'm sorry that I've been so quiet lately!  I feel like it's been forever since I have posted!  I took this weekend off and never even touched the laptop! Yay me!  On Saturday we had two couples over for our Dinner Club for our new Sunday school class.  Our class puts groups of 4 or 5 couples together and we go to each at each person's house once a month for 4 months!  Two of the couples in our group couldn't make it, but the rest of us had a great time!   So much fun to meet new friends!  I was the host and served Ten Layer Dinner (a family specialty, so I'm not going to give the recipe out to the internet!) and everyone seemed to like it.  Then we played games and had great fellowship!  Needless to say, I had no time on Saturday to blog and then Sunday was a recoup day!

On to the exciting news!  When I got home from work today I found a fun piece of mail!!!  Chelsea from Roots and Rings is hosting a book swap. (If you don't read her blog, you should!  She is awesome!  I love reading her funny posts!)  She had each of us mail her a book (of course I mailed a Kristin Billerbeck book!!!) and she mixed up everyones books and mailed them back out to us!  This is the book that I received:
With this sweet note!
Chelsea had asked each of us to put a note in the book about why we like the book for the reader!  Such a great idea!  I've never heard of this book, but Kathleen says it's a classic.  I checked the copyright date and it is from 1938!  Should be an interesting read!  I can't wait to start!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love your new blog look Abby, it's so cute!! I am horrible reader btw, I have bought 2 new books this month and can't seem to get started!

Stevie said...

I LOVE this book, Abby! It's so good and wintery and evocative of the setting. My book club read it a few years ago, and there's actually an old black & white movie of it if you end up really liking it...as well as a sort of sequel, written by another author. Let me know what you think!