Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easy Peasy

Last night I felt like making something different for dinner so I checked my Busy People's Low-fat Cookbook to see what easy yummy meal I could find.  I decided to make Mexican Pasta.  There aren't many ingredients and it literally took me 12 minutes to make!  Now, that's my kind of meal!

Combine 2 cups water, a 16 oz jar of chunky salsa, and 2 beef bouillon cubes in a skillet and bring to a boil.
Stir in 2 cups of elbow macaroni. Reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer at a low boil for 10 minutes.
Turn off heat.  Add a can of corn and a can of kidney beans.
Cover and let sit for 2 minutes.

Seriously.  That easy.  It smelled delicious while it was cooking and it tasted great.  Jonathan wasn't so sure he was going to like it since it didn't have meat in it but he ended up enjoying it.

Next time I think I might try to put some chicken in it for something different.

For a 1 cup serving there are 214 calories and 1g of fat.  Pretty good!

This is what it looked like in our bowls.
The colors in this picture make it look not very appetizing.  But seriously, for the effort it took, it was great.  I'll be making it again!  Try it! 

2 comments:

BK said...

It look really good when it was cooking. I thought the finished meal looked colorful and yummy; I would love to dig in the bowl.

Crystal said...

It sounds good!!!!