Friday, April 9, 2010

Ultrasound #4

Yesterday afternoon we went in for my fourth ultrasound.  I was a bit nervous as you can imagine after the rollercoaster of ultrasounds we have had in the past.  But there was no need for that!  Baby is perfectly growing!  He/she has more of a shape of a baby with a head and a body and little arm buds.  He/she was moving all around too.  It was so cute.  And there was a heartbeat of 175 which they said is perfect!  Yay!!

Jonathan said that now it feels a bit more real and I think he's right.  After our last appointment we were so shocked and excited, but worried that there could still be something wrong.  But, this appointment put our minds to ease.  God is in control and he is forming our little baby!  We won't go back for another check-up for 4 weeks (which feels like forever!) and at that point we will be on a more regular check-up schedule (instead of 4 ultrasounds in about a month).  We won't get to see our baby again until the 18-20 week ultrasound!  Then we can find out if it's a boy or a girl!!!

I am 9 weeks and 3 days and baby is about the size of a prune.  I've gained one (ONE) pound!  Whoohoo for that.  I was holding my breath when I got on the scale yesterday because as of right now most all of my clothes don't fit so I'm thrilled that I haven't packed on the weight along with growing wide:)

Thanks for all of your prayers!!  We appreciate you being a part of this journey with us!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

You're so cute. I gain a pound a day it feels like - hee hee... and I'm not pregnant ;-)

I'm SO SO SOOOOOOO thrilled that all is going well for you and your precious "cargo" inside, Abby! God is SOOOOOO good!! Can't wait to see those belly shots as your little "peanut" grows!

Have a great day ;-)

Crystal said...

Glad to hear everything is going well!!!! We went on Monday to the doctor and our hearbeat was 175 too!!!! I'm 11 weeks and 3 days and I've gained 3 1/2 pounds. My clothes do not fit either. I have found cute dresses are my friends!!!! We find out June 1st what we are having and it can't get here fast enough :)

Laurie Mulvey said...

Hey, congrats to he two of you on these two big changes in your lives. What a journey you're on. Hugs from both of us.

Heather said...

Continuing to pray for you!! That's a high heartbeat! I am guessing you are having a girl!! Can't wait to find out!