Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Adalyn!

This year has been the fastest year of my life. I've enjoyed every single moment spent with my sweet baby girl and I love every new stage that she enters, but I still can't believe that I don't have a newborn any more! Today has been a day of remembering back. Last year at this time... All day long I'd look at the clock and picture what stage of labor I was in. Jonathan and I took the day off to have a family day to spend together with Adalyn. She is such a joy!
Last year...



This Year...
Adalyn started the day with her favorite breakfast. Bananas and YoBaby!
Then she wore her cute birthday shirt to run errands with mommy and daddy and then had some play time.
Then the UPS man brought her new squeaker shoes that I ordered from Totsy a few weeks ago. Two pairs $12 each and $0 shipping. Score! And she LOVES hearing them squeak!
 Then she opened her cards. She thoroughly enjoyed playing with the envelopes:) 
 Then she opened one gift from mommy and daddy (a toy I bought at a consignment sale in August and had set it aside for later). She loved it!

After Adalyn went to bed (I really wanted to hold her all night!) Jonathan and I hooked up the video camera to our TV and watched all of our home videos from delivery day through the entire year. I'm not going to lie. I was an emotional basket case. Jonathan kept asking if my tears were happy or sad. BOTH. Where did my newborn go? But oh my do I love her so much and I can't wait to start this next year with her! We are so very blessed! I can't wait for her party on Saturday and to have our house full of family and friends celebrating Adalyn's first year of life!

3 comments:

Janine said...

I completely agree with you: watching your baby grow up is bittersweet. It is amazing at how quickly it goes by and I still cry as I remember Keagan's first year. She is a doll baby! Happy FIRST Birthday Adalyn! :)

Savannah said...

What a difference a year makes! Your sweet Adalyn has grown so fast! I think taking a family day to celebrate is such a sweet idea. I'm sure Adalyn loved the extra attention and time with Mommy and Daddy!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

So cute. Happy Birthday to your little girl.