Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday...

Sunday Jonathan and I went to church. We brought a coworker of mine with us for the first time. Which, by the way she loved our church! yay! She even decided that she would sign her son up to get permanent scan-in cards for the nursery. So, that's pretty cool. As we were waiting outside the nursery, all of these people kept coming up to Jonathan and calling him a Stud Muffin and Congratulating him! ha! It was so weird. I mean, we have people at church that we say hi to and stop to talk to, but when you go to a church with 3,000 people per service and 4 services there are many people that you don't know. So, you can imagine how odd it was that everyone passing us who were coming out of the early service were staring at us like they knew us! What a weird feeling. That morning, before we left for church I had another coworker contact me and wanted to meet up with us for church also. She grew up in the church and hadn't been there for a while. She and her husband and 3 kids came. Isn't it crazy how God uses you when you least expect it? We have never invited anyone to come to church and now that we're in a video at church we're able to bring friends with us! Not that the video was the reason to come, but it helped. The service was awesome and we were laughing the entire time. Both of my friends said that they would definitely be back next week. Isn't that awesome??!! The "Publishers Clearinghouse" video turned out so cute. I'm going to see if I can get a copy of it to post on here! It was so funny to see us on the jumbo screens!

Here is another thing that struck me yesterday as a generous act and then as I was thinking today, it's really God showing us that if we continue to tithe faithfully, he will provide for us. Before our pastor announced that we were the winners of the contest, he said that Jonathan had lost his job around Thanksgiving and that we were struggling to make ends meet. Well, after the video everyone sitting around us was congratulating us. There is a family that sits by us every week. I don't even know their names, but we talk each week. The lady grabbed my hand and put money in it. I tried not to take it, but she wouldn't let me give it back. I gave her a huge hug and thanked her. Afterwards, I looked at the money and sure enough, it was the exact amount that we had put in the offering as a tithe. Wow. God is really awesome. Isn't he?

We're still waiting and trusting in God that one of these applications that Jonathan is filling out will come back with something positive. I have always said that if Jonathan finds a job in another city that it will be fine. Neither of us have family here, so the only thing we will miss is our church and our life group. After seeing our church family give us such kindness this weekend, I really can't imagine moving away. I know God's timing is not ours and he will continue to provide. I just need to cling to that...

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

Wow Abby - that story about the woman giving you money is incredible. God is so good and so faithful. Amazing! So glad that you are staying positive and that God is using you in your current situation. Love y'all!