Monday, July 15, 2013

7 Years ago

Seven years ago today I walked down the aisle (in a church that is no longer standing - glad our marriage has lasted longer than that church!) to marry my best friend. It's amazing how fast the years have passed. I'm so blessed to have him as my partner in life. We work so well together. We just "get" each other. I honestly feel like I can read his thoughts most of the time. He is the best daddy! He paints Adalyn's nails when she asks, plays Pretty Pretty Princess, and will sit through Disney movies with her just because she wants to cuddle with her daddy. He loves his boy too! Now that Cayden  is mobile, he gets on the floor with him and lets him crawl all over him. I know he's just itching until Cayden is old enough to wrestle. So for now he'll settle with tickling and playing with him!


We celebrated the exact same way as we did last year. We booked a couples massage and went to brunch at a fancy restaurant downtown (in the same building as the massage). We decided last year that we enjoyed just spending some time relaxing together instead of just buying each other stuff for our anniversary. It was such a nice way to spend our Saturday morning! I do have to say that it was a bit surreal because my mind kept flipping back to last year when we were at this same massage center. I was less than 2 weeks away from delivering Cayden. It's just baffling to know how fast that last year just went!

Tonight we're going to go out to dinner and enjoy eating dinner at a restaurant without trying to keep two kids quiet!

Jonathan, I love you so much. Thank you for sticking by me these last 7 years. I can't wait to see what God has for us in the future. You are such a wonderful husband and daddy. I couldn't ask for any more!

3 comments:

Aishlea said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Steve Finnell said...

You are invited to follow my Christian blog

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary Abbey. I agree, doing something together is much nicer than just giving a gift. My hubby and I will be celebrating 39 years. I found your blog from Sue. You kids are so cute. I am lucky to be enjoying 3 grand kids.