Friday, March 6, 2009

Girl Time!

As a follow up to my last post... YAY! I am happy to announce that the judges made the correct decision on AI! And I am also happy that they changed it to the top 13 so both guys could make it! Whew! I will be able to continue to watch Idol this season. I was a little worried! I still think its the year of the guys.

Tonight I went out to dinner with Billie and Tasha! We wanted to do a cheap night out for obvious reasons, so we decided to go to Calistoga. Its kinda like a fancy Panera with a really great atmosphere. They are only in Florida and Kentucky...a weird combo. Anyway, it's a fairly new restaurant here and Billie had a coupon. Love it! I had the Russian River Chicken Sandwich. It was so yummy! We had such a good time just relaxing and laughing together. Spending time telling old stories and laughing together is a great way to unwind after a long Friday. Unfortunately we called it a night pretty early. Are we getting old? :) We had talked about going to a movie but there wasn't anything at the discount theater that we wanted to see. So we just hung out at Calistoga. I think it's way more fun to sit and talk than to watch a movie anyway! Maybe next time there will be a chick-flick that we HAVE to see. The hubbies are always happy to not have to go see the chick-flicks:).

I get a little disappointed with Lexington because I can never think of anything to do on a budget! Any ideas? I'm not very creative, so usually inexpensive turns into staying home and watching TV ! :)

6 comments:

Jess :) said...

Girl time is ALWAYS such a fun time!! :) I love it! I checked out the Calistoga site...oh my goodness!! I so wish I lived in Kentucky or Florida. However, I have no idea what I would choose, because everytime I scrolled down I kept saying, "Oh, that sounds awesome!" So, as far as trying to keep it a cheep night...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to stick to that! ;)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Janine said...

Staying in isn't always so bad--get a $5 bottle of wine, friends, board games! FUN!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Sue said...

Girls Night Out sounded like lots of fun. I love getting together with girlfriends for a night like that. A fun/inexpensive thing to do with them sometime might be to hang out at someone's home and have a "potluck" fondue where someone brings the chocolate, someone brings the fruit, someone brings marshmellows, etc. Hopefully you & your gal pals can find some things in the paper that are inexpensive to do around town too!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs xo

Rhea said...

Abby, I always love to read your blogs. Unfortunately, I haven't done the best job of keeping up with my own! I'm always trying to think of fun things to do for not a lot of money, too. I'm thinking combining the wine and fondue ideas sounds like a winner! Wish I lived in Lexington :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Abby, Dakota is so cute, I love her photo. Girls night out is always fun, I don't know why I always laugh when I go out with girlfriends. Have a great week!