Wednesday, June 16, 2010

19 Weeks!

Yesterday was 19 weeks!  I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!  On the other hand, November seems like forever away!  I think I can finally feel the baby moving.  Everyone said it would feel like little butterflies, but I've only felt things that feel like muscle twitches.  But those "twitches" are becoming more frequent so I guess it must be the baby!

I feel like I'm growing quite fast, although since I didn't take a picture at 18 weeks, I was comparing my picture to the one at 17 weeks and it really doesn't look much different.  I'm completely in maternity jeans/shorts and my non-maternity tops that I was wearing that are blousy are starting to not be blousy anymore if you know what I mean.  :)  I thought I would love maternity clothes...Hey, I get to wear comfy clothes and be fat and it's ok!... But I was wrong.  The maternity sections in stores are ridiculously small and don't have much of a selection (*cough cough... Target, Old Navy, Gap... cough cough*) and don't get me started on the cheap fabrics and insanely high prices at Motherhood! Let's just say that I don't feel like myself most of the time when I try to wear the maternity stuff.  I know that becoming a mommy means that you don't get to be number 1 anymore and that you have to give up a bit of style, but seriously?  So many maternity clothes are just awful.  And where are the fun cute plaid shorts? Oh.  I only get to choose from khaki or denim? Lovely.  I just want to wear what I would normally wear but just with a little extra fabric, you know?  Feeling good about the way  you look when you're the size of a baby whale is a big deal!  I don't need all of this cutesy stuff!  I can't do any empire waist shirts (for obvious reasons) so the only thing left is tent-like shirts or tight shirts (both of which I am not a fan).  oh well.  I can suck it up for this baby!  It is all worth giving up my personal style.  Getting off of my maternity clothing pedestal now.

According to What to Expect, the baby is about the size of a mango and is half a pound and 6 inches long!!

6 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I have a feeling I'm going to feel the same way about maternity clothes when my day comes... :/

Sue said...

Aww Sweetie... that totally stinks. Maybe you could design and sew a new line of baby clothes for yourself and other new Mommies to be. I know you're handy with a sewing machine ;-)

You're looking so cute. I just wanna squeeze through the screen and give you a huge hug and belly rub - hee hee.

Hugs xo

Heather said...

It was definitely hard finding cute maternity clothes for me and cheap and cute all at the same time! I feel ya!! You look great. 6 months seems far away it, but it will blow by!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having, I am saying girl!! :)

Jenn said...

Go to OldNavy.com, GAP.com, Nordstrom.com etc. All the maternity stuff is online - there is hardly anything in the stores. Once I figured that out, it made it a lot easier to find cute clothes.

Seizing My Day said...

It will all be worth it when you are holding that sweet little babe in your arms =) it is such a short time in the big picture!! he he!

Jane Woodward said...

A co-worker bought regular pants and shorts and took them to an alterations place that sewed in elastic belly bands to make them maternity. It was a little more expensive than regular maternity clothes at like Target or Gap, but she said it was worth it to have a couple pairs that she really liked and allowed her to fit into comfortably.