Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Bag!

Billie and I were hard at work last week making a few bags.   We took about a year sabbatical from sewing and it was nice to get back into it.  The bad part was that we had 4 bags to get done in one week so every single evening was sewing.  Talk about jumping back in!  Maybe we'll take it easy from now on:)  Anyway, here is a picture of the finished bag that I had posted the fabric swatches last week!  Is this not the cutest summer bag??  The colors are awesome in person!  Bright pink, orange, green and blue.  They are much brighter in person.  Now I want to make one of these for myself:)

Of course since it had been so long since we've made bags and taken pictures, that I totally forgot to get a picture of the inside of the bag.  It's so cute!  It's striped and has pockets all around.  I just love Amy Butler fabrics!  This season's collection has such great prints and colors!

In my dreams I would love to have organized, painted and decorated the office/sewing room in the basement before we have another sew-a-thon.  But that might not happen and I'm just going to be ok with that!

1 comment:

Candace said...

This bag is just adorable!!!! My best friend and i were just saying that we wish we could learn how to do this! Are they very hard to make... just curious! It is beautiful!!!