Thursday, July 16, 2009

Anniversary Day - First Half!

Jonathan and I had a fun anniversary night. He grilled steak and I made salad, potatoes, squash and zucchini... and of course we had some dessert - "Death By Chocolate Cake". I didn't make it...that's just too much and we don't need leftovers so I bought two individual pieces in the Kroger bakery and I savored every bite!!!! I need to stop thinking about it or I might get in my car and go buy another piece!

We exchanged some gifts but Jonathan's main gift to me is something he has planned this weekend, which will be a surprise to me! :) I'm excited! I gave Jonathan an outfit and work pants from Express...I know he was as thrilled with clothes as he would have been with a new golf club, but frankly I have no clue how to pick out a golf club and I KNOW how to pick out clothes:) hehe!

This was my gift!


Aren't the Calla Lilies beautiful?? I think it's pretty romantic that he gave me the flowers that I carried on our wedding day:)

The bowls are kind of a joke...but a really great joke. At the Kroger Marketplace, they sell home goods along with groceries. Every week when we walk down the isle an intire shelf of all of these different cute painted UK serving dishes are calling my name! I LOVE this chip and dip set and every week beg J to let me buy them! After all, now that he's working at UK we'll need to become extra big fans! I think this set looks like it's from one of those pricey boutiques that I would never pay full price at:)

Its exciting that we had such a nice day yesterday and then get to celebrate all over again this weekend! I'm sure I'll be posting all about it! :)

2 comments:

Justin and Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! (sorry I'm a little late!) Glad you had a fun day ... can't wait to hear about your surprise this weekend!

Sue said...

Very romantic bouquet! Good job J!

Can't wait to hear all about your weekend... well maybe not ALL about it ;-)