Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

Every year Jonathan's Aunt and Uncle host a family 4th of July celebration and this year it was on Sunday. I have a picture from last year when his cousin and I were both sitting around pregnant and this year there were three babies!! (His cousin had twins in case you couldn't do the math.) So much fun!! They rent a big water slide for the big kids and Jonathan took a ride on it. We mostly stayed in the kiddie pool with Adalyn. She was loving life splashing away.
Sunday morning Adalyn wore her sailor dress for church!
 Jonathan showing off!
 Adalyn liked pool time.



Unfortunately there was a storm coming in so the wind turned towards the house and they had to quit the fireworks display. Safety first. But I was sad to miss them.


On the actual 4th, we went with Tim and Lindsy to Billie and Derek's house to celebrate with a cookout and some pool time for the kids. We haven't gotten together with all of us for so long so it was long overdue! We had a great time and wish that we could have stayed long enough to watch fireworks but some people {points at self} need an early bedtime on week nights.

Adorable flag bubble outfit! And let's talk about that headband!
What's more American than watermelon on 4th of July? Adalyn had her first taste!
 All of the kids in the pool.  This was Avery's first time in a pool!
 Splashin'
 I was soaked by the time she was finished splashing.
 Sharing.
 Sweet Kennedy and Eli enjoying the bonfire.
 Loving life and all the attention!
 I could just kiss that face!
 Worn out after a long weekend!
When I was looking through pictures from last 4th of July for my previous post, I couldn't believe how young Eli looked and it made me realize how big my baby will be next year. I can't believe it. But I want to treasure every moment and spending a holiday weekend with friends and family makes those memories special. Even if we were exhausted after our weekend it was worth it! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: